*Some degree of fitness is required for trekking!
Searching for endangered Mountain Gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, chimpanzee tracking in Kyambura Gorge, multiple game-drives in Queen Elizabeth National Park with its amazing selection of wildlife - including tree-climbing lions, and an optional visit to Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary on the beautiful Lake Victoria is just some of the very best reasons to visit Uganda. With luxury accommodation, professional guides and custom made safari vehicles – this fully hosted safari through the Pearl of Africa is really something special.
- Meet & greet at Entebbe airport
- Airport transfers throughout
- 1 night's accommodation at Hotel No.5 or similar including breakfast
- Return domestic flights from Entebbe to Kihihi/ Mweya on a scheduled flight (light aircraft)
- 4x4 transport with English speaking local driver/guide as above
- Bottled water in the safari vehicle
- 3 nights accommodation at Buhoma Lodge including all meals and local drinks
- Community visit en route from Bwindi to Ishasha
- 2 nights accommodation at Ishasha Wilderness Camp including all meals and local drinks
- 1 night's accommodation at Mweya Safari Lodge including all meals (no drinks)
- All park entrance fees
- Boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel
- Game drives in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Full liability insurance cover
- 24-hour emergency contact
- Gorilla Permit of USD600 per trek Bwindi
- Kyambura chimpanzee permits USD 50 each
- All international flights and airport taxes
- Personal expenses such as porters, drinks, tips, visas and travel insurance
- Services/activities/meals not included above
Please note - two gorilla trekking options are available on this itinerary. Please specify your permit requirements at the time of booking.
GORILLA TREKKING AREAS & PERMIT ALLOCATIONS
On our scheduled departures, we typically buy permits for Buhoma & Ruhija, which are accessible from the Buhoma area. One of the Buhoma families and the Ruhija families require a road transfer to the start point. This does not deviate from the enjoyment of the trek (and could be considered as enhancing your trip as you are seeing a different part of the region). Furthermore, your permit may be organised for day 3, or 4, of your safari. It will depend on availability at the time of purchase.
Guided forest walks Bwindi including park fees USD 75 per person Bwindi
Community visit Bwindi USD 30 per person Bwindi
Batwa Pygmies visit USD 85 per person Bwindi
2nd Gorilla trek including purchase fee USD 670 per person Bwindi