The terrains are rugged, challenging and breathtaking... making this combination
of hiking a special experience. The Otter Trail along the scenic Eastern Cape coastline followed by animal trekking trails in the Drakensberg and then winding down on a Big 5 safari experience in KwaZulu-Natal... an exceptional hiking experience!
Eastern Cape - Port Elizabeth
- Meet & greet road transfer from Port Elizabeth Airport to SanParks Camp
- 4 night’s accommodation at SanParks rustic accommodation
- 4 full days Hiking trails: The trail is 5 days and 4 nights. The following distances and durations are as follows:
Day 1 = 4.8km (± 2 hours)
Day 2 = 7.9km (± 4 hours)
Day 3 = 7.7km (± 4 hours)
Day 4 = 13.8km (± 6 hours)
Day 5 = 10.8km (± 5 hours) - optional days hike
Total Distance = 45km
- Road transfer from SanParks Camp to Port Elizabeth Airport for a flight to Durban Port Elizabeth - KwaZulu-Natal's Drakenberg
- Road transfer from the King Shaka Airport to a Drakensberg hotel
- 3 nights stay at a hotel in the Drakensberg
Activities: Hiking in the mountains
- Road transfer from the Drakensberg to Nambiti Private Game Reserve Drakensberg - Nambiti Private Game Reserve
- 2 nights on Safari, with all meals and 2 game drives daily
Activity: Walking safari in the reserve
- Road Transfer from Lodge to Durban’s Umhlanga areaKwaZulu-Natal - Umhlanga
- 1 night's stay in a hotel, with breakfast daily
- Road transfer from the hotel to King Shaka Airport
*This tour can also be done as a self-drive option.
*No hotels were stipulated as this can be designed around various budgets.
*You can also do part self-drive and part escorted options.